Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Search All About Stephen King

Alright Stephen King fans, both old and new, would you like to know everything about Mr. King? Same goes if you're a fan of any author, artist or political figure, would it be nice if by a single click of a mouse you can read all the information about that particular person? Of course you would.

There are websites that is specially dedicated in people search. One of which is Spock.com - the best people search on the Web

What is Spock?

Spock is a free people and information search engine that takes information on people from all across the Web and organizes it in an easy to search format.
Searching people using Spock will give a number of links for more information about that person. Users can search by name, e-email or just by putting "tags" - a more personal piece of information (e.g. lawyer, web developer, blind, curly hair, etc).

By the way, one of the plus of Spock is that it loads very fast (just like Google) since it only has a Spock logo and a text box... A big plus on a website.

Let take this people search service to the test... Let's do a simple search

Let say I want to know more about my favorite writer (yes, he's Stephen King..) I would put in that keyword on Spock's text box and click on search.

If you tried that, the first hit would be "Stephen Edward King". You'll also notice that there are links about 'tags', 'pictures', 'related people' and others, which is also a great help if you're researching related topics aside from Stephen King.

Anyway, clicking on that link (the first search result) will present you bunch of information about Mr. King. There are links from other websites and news website.

It's real helpful. Go try it out yourself.




1 comment:

Kenneth Udut (free.naplesplus.us - Naples News, Info, Jobs) said...

I'm:
http://www.spock.com/Kenneth-Udut-zeeIb1Ou

I'm loving spock. I haven't used it much for famous people, although I have linked up people like Alan Watts and Saint John as "teachers" in my related people. That way I am considered their students as well. I You can get REALLY creative with Spock. Within reason, there are few limitations. Just use it responsibly.

I added all of my friends from high school. It is still a blast!

Kenneth Udut
#25 on Spock.com