Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stephen King Writing Tip

Stephen King writes 2,000 words a day when he’s working on a book. He recommends a minimum of a thousand words a day, six days a week.


He listens to loud heavy metal when he writes. (”All heavy metal is good metal.”)
Stephen King had over 30 rejections for Carrie. One of the rejections said the story was too “dystopian.”


By the time I was 14 (and shaving twice a week whether I needed to or not), the nail in my wall would no longer support the weight of the rejection slips impaled upon it. I replaced the nail with a spike and went on writing.

Thanks, InkyGirl

http://www.inkygirl.com/rejections-writing-habits-stephen-king/

3 comments:

Dayane said...

Cool! super fan of Stephen, love his books!
Its always good to know how much work the writers had to put in a book.

Tks for sharing it

Dayane said...

Cool! Love Stephen, he is a great writer.
Tks for sharing the tips

Anonymous said...

I've got some tips for Stephen King myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0spyQJ__B4