Sunday, December 9, 2007

My First Stephen King Book

My first ever Stephen King book was Firestarter. After watching the TV special "The Stand" I was immediately became a fan of Mr. King.


If memory servers me right, the year was 1997 when I bought that book. I was in my college sophomore (I remember it because I dropped out Engineering Mechanics and have that book to blame. :)


It was very fortunate that I enjoyed that book very much. As far as I can recall, I never found any dull or boring 'scene' from the pages of that book. I think if I picked Gerald's Game then, that could have been my first and last Stephen King book (least of my fave... Dark Tower rocks!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was also the first SK book that i read. and indeed it started the fire. from then on i became a fan. started collecting too. got a large SK book collection. some of them i have to sold when i left the country but i kept some that has the same/similar covers (i think they're by signet paperbacks). anyways, i like earlier works better such as firestarter, cujo, the shining (redrum!), pet sematery, etc.